Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sunday Sickness

Sunday wasn't a terribly chic one. After feeling ill on Saturday and 12 hours sleep Saturday night, Sunday required comfort. Comfort involved another Mela Loves bargain of a dress in a cute grey cat print with leggings & black Uggs. Not the height of style I know, but when your head wants to explode even a fashion lover like me goes for comfort over style. I also think I may be a little too old to be wearing a cat print dress, along with tops that bear motifs of cartoon characters. I think I'm still young enough to get away with band t shirts on occasion. The occasion being a gig, obviously!
I digress, however this day of comfort brings me to the Ugg debate. Are they fashionable shoes that happen to be extremely comfortable, or are they glorified slippers? I have an Australian friend who had Ugg type boots for slippers as a child. When I bought my first pair of Uggs about 6 years ago or so, she was amazed I wore them outdoors and that other people did too. "But they're slippers" she'd say. I would retort with something along the lines of "but they've got thick soles for wearing outside'. I personally love them for their warmth & comfort, and really don't think that they're the chicest boots I'll ever hope to wear. They do however serve a purpose in cold weather and that is to keep feet warm. As someone whose feet are permanently cold between November & February each winter, it's good to now have warm footwear that's acceptable to wear outdoors. I do have other boots obviously, but the Uggs have got me through several winters now, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Of course if I ever move to Australia I won't need them for winter, and I'd get mocked for wearing them anyway!
Monday I may have to face the outdoors with a cold and wear a jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment