Tuesday 15 November 2011

Purple Friday

Friday the 11th was a purple one. Most people who know me know that my favourite colour is purple. As I type this on the train home I'm in a purple coat, wearing a purple hat, with my iPad taken out of it's purple case from my purple handbag. Jovember hasn't been too purple so far, but we're not halfway through yet!
The dress is a warm wooly purchase from White Stuff. It's not I shop I go to often, but found myself in there on a recent trip to Edinburgh. I was overwhelmed by the friendly service I received in the shop - they also had the most amazing changing rooms I've ever seen! Going to try something on is like going to Narnia. Basically, the changing rooms look like a room full of wardrobes but when you open them they are actually rooms. Not your average changing rooms either, but rooms like you'd find in a house. Not sure what they all are, but I tried dresses on in the 'bathroom'. It even had a toilet, though hopefully not a functioning one! I'll have to go back again some time just to see the other rooms. Anyway, I bought this lovely warm dress, and another long sleeve cream one in preparation for the winter!
The shoes are one of my many quirky ballet pump finds. I love the fact that they're purple, velvet & a bit gothy. Not only that, but they're comfy too. Theyre from a brand called Kill Doll & I stumbled across them in Office a good year or so ago. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the shop so as soon as I was back at a computer I then went online & bought them - they were 'must have them right now' shoes. I always get compliments when I wear them and I think it proves that ballet pumps are not necessarily boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment