Monday 21 November 2011

Miserable Monday 14th

I have a cold and was feeling miserable so went for a slightly goth look today. I decided all was required was some purple & black, which I have plenty of in my wardrobe. Today's dress was a black mini dress which I wore with an aubergine colour jumper underneath, leggings and skull printed ballet pumps. The dress looks as though it has leather patches, but it's actually synthetic material. It looks very realistic, almost smells like leather and obviously doesn't cost half as much!
I found this in River Island a few months ago. It's not a shop I buy things from terribly often, but some seasons they have a lot of interesting & quirky clothes that people over 30 can get away with wearing! They had quite a few sixties style shift dresses recently and if I had an endless supply of money I would have bought more than one. They've also revived the 'Chelsea Girl' label, with a few retro inspired pieces that hark back to their 70s hey day. I'm just old enough to remember when Chelsea Girl turned into River Island in the late 80s, but there certainly was something rather nostalgic about seeing the Chelsea Girl label on clothes again! It was definitely a label I aspired to wear when I occasionally went in there with my mum as I wasn't old enough to go out shopping on my own. It's ironic now I go in to River Island wishing I was younger and aspiring to get away with wearing a mini dress before I'm too old!
On to the shoes: these were yet another Schuh purchase, from a funky label called Iron Fist. I wish Iron Fist had been around when I was in my teens, as they also do a great clothing range which I'm now far to old to get away with wearing! The shoes are rather worn out now, but I love them - yet another funky flat shoe find! I may be filled with cold but I can still try and disguise it by dressing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment