Tuesday 7 February 2012

Albums of 2011: Foo Fighters - 'Wasting Light'

Band that some people have tired of but I still love album of 2011

I love the Foos, I love all of their albums, but I think this is definitely their best since 2003's 'One by One'. I'm really not sure why they've fallen out of favour with some fans though that's beside the point anyway, as 'Wasting Light' is a fine rock album. From the opening of 'bridge burning' to the ending of 'walk', this album is just pure powerful guitar rock, but in a style only the Foos are capable of.

Along with Foster the People, this is one of my most listened to albums of 2011, and my favourite tracks keep changing. Initially it was 'These Days', which seemed to speak too me personally, but after many listens, 'Walk' and 'I should have known' are probably the stand outs for me. The thing with the Foos is that they are a bit Ronseal, and what's wrong with a band who always does what it says on the tin? There are no 'Everlong' type ballads on this album, so if you want some blasting tunes to rock out to, then you can never go wrong with the Foo Fighters. 'Wasting Light' is a prime example of a band who know what they do best, but also how to do it tongue in cheek without the quality of music taking a slide. I've been buying their music for almost 17 years, and I surely hope I will be for the next 17! Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment